Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What have we been up to?

Well we did a little bird feeding with Robyn and Trent at the Santa Margarita Lake. We were attacked (and I'm not joking here) by about 100+ birds/geese/weird blue toed things and hence tried to stay away from the birds. I felt like it was a Hitchcock thriller or something. I don't even have a decent picture of it, because we were seriously throwing our bread and making a mad dash for it.

We went home and found out Taylor had been bitten by the croup, diarrhea and ear infection bug...all at once. Not fun and quite sad. So she got some steroids and an antibiotic and we're in the process of kicking that bug. I can now blame all her tantrums on 'roid rage I guess.
We had 2 sad goodbye parties for our friends the Fosters and the Smiths. You'll have to look at either Megan or Kristy's blogs to see those pictures. I was camera-less that day, but still had a good time at both goodbye parties. We'll miss you guys!
Carved pumpkins for FHE with a big group of friends at the Mullen's last night. It was quite the competition, seeing as we all had the same pattern book and not all of us were as brave as Kurt and tried the skill mastery level of FOUR skulls. I stuck with a 1 skull, and it's barely recognizable. We had a lot of fun though, and the kids were in rare form with so much entertainment. It was a fun little mad house over there.



And lastly...I chopped off all my hair. Yes, about 12 inches to be exact. So, off it goes to locks of love tomorrow. I still can't believe I did it, but I love doing this kind of drastic stuff. I hate feeling attached to my hair, so I decided it was time to chop it off. These pictures aren't the greatest, but you get the idea. So, I'm a new woman-thanks to miss Katie Hoffman. Love it girl!

18 comments:

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

HOLY COW!!! I LOVE your hair! You look so cute. I can't believe you did it. I love that you are donating it to locks of love. So proud of you! Love you

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you cut it all off. It looks so cute though, I wish I looked that cute with a bob. I hope Taylor gets better soon. Love ya!

sarah marie. said...

wow katie..i love it!

Chrissy said...

I just LOVE the cut! Way to be brave and take the plunge! I need to get over growing it out. I am sick of it already!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I think your new "do" is darling! It looks like Katie did a great job! What a neat idea to donate it to the Locks of Love. You should feel great about it in all ways! Sorry to hear Taylor is sick; hope her meds kick in quick. What cute pics of Taylor & Trent!
Love you!

heather said...

Love the hair, I'm impressed you cut so much off. I am with you though on the not being attached to your hair. In fact, I'm chopping my mine off next week. We'll see what happens!

Emily said...

Katie, I love your haircut! So cute. I remember when we started working together your hair was short and brown. You are one brave girl, but your hair always looks cute.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Love, Love, Love the hair! It looks great!

Trevor and Brooke said...

Holy crap! Your one of us now. I love it. I told Jess you were cutting it off and then we were hoping you would donate it. So glad to hear you did. Hope you are all ok there. Love you and talk to you soon!

Ashlee said...

Don't you love change! I feel like I go through the same cylce, cut off my hair then take years to grow it out then chop it off. You look great. I love your hair color too!

jarv said...

Your hair looks so cute! I was going to grow mine out but I'm sick of it so I might chop it all off too. Who knows maybe I would fix it if it didn't fit in a pony tail anymore!

Heidi J said...

Love your new hair! I hate my hair right now and can't wait for it to grow out so I can get a cute cut like you! I love all your pictures. You do so many fun things, I love it.

oodlesofoversons said...

I LOVE your new look, Katie! Super cute!

camille said...

Katie, I love it! I have the same cute by Katie Hoffman, so you know I love it. You wear it better though. You look gorgeous! So sorry about Taylor. I don't even know what I would do! So sad!

Shauna Brown said...

I'm loving it!! I went to check on the old blog and wow!! You look hot with short hair for sure! You really are making me want to chop mine, but then I remember how TERRIBLE I looked in college! What does Jay think? I bet he's loving it!

familyof4 said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Katie, Love it! I am so glad you donated. Now I know where my friend in the ward gets hers from. It means so much to her to have real hair...I know she would kiss you knowing what you did, as she really looks great with hers. I am so proud of you for getting unattached to it. It is true..it becomes our identity after so long. Love you!! Mom

Amber said...

WOW! I Love it. It is so cute on you. Sometimes I think of cuting my hair, but the shorter it is the more time it takes. I just don't have the time to do more that put gell in my hair and go. You look great!