The patch was a huge success and I think we might do this every week until Halloween.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
The Patch
Well, I might have found one of my favorite things to do - the pumpkin patch! We went last night for FHE (which we decided was FHE after we were leaving - still a work in progress) with our friends Dave, Robyn and lil' Trent, but basically saw our entire ward there. Taylor was loving the petting zoo and carousel but wasn't too fond of the pony rides. We had a small meltdown, but luckily it ended soon and she ran around like a wild child the whole night.
I really love Halloween, and it seems like I love it more and more every year. It could be my fond memories of never going to school that day (Nevada Day) or the endless amounts of candy and excuses for me to buy chocolate mini-everything any chance I get. But I'm pretty sure I love it more every year b/c I can't get enough of dressing Taylor up in costumes. Something about a toddler dressed up in some type of insect just kills me.
The patch was a huge success and I think we might do this every week until Halloween.
It's chilly outside and it just puts me in the winter/fall mood. I couldn't help myself and listened to Christmas music yesterday. I'm putting it away until after Thanksgiving for now, but I was just loving the feeling of a change in weather. Here's the best family picture we could all night. Taylor really wanted those pumpkins I guess!
The patch was a huge success and I think we might do this every week until Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I've never been a huge fan of Halloween, but I've found myself loving it this year. Maybe it's the bigger change in seasons or something. Anyway, cute pictures!
What great pictures! I too love Halloween. Mostly because it is the beginning of fall which is my favorite season. But more recently because it is also Max's birthday which gives me endless excuses for buying Halloween paraphernalia!
These are great pictures and I think it is the first time I have seen Taylor's hair not in pony tails. It is so long! She is getting too big!
Kate, I love all the pics. I loved Halloween until my kids got to the age where they wanted to pick out their own costums and then with a boy that is a nighmare, literally. It kind of took the fun out of it for me, but I still love how it is the start of fall and all things pumpkin!! I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pancakes, you name it and I am all over it!!
Your family is so cute I love the pictures. Hey, don't you know my movie quote I am waiting for you to answer.
So fun, I love going to the pumpkin patch! We need to do an ichat soon! Tay looks so much older and it's only been a few weeks- what the heck? Love ya!
I can't believe how old Taylor is looking these days. She looks so cute!
I love the lady bug costume! She is so cute!
I totally know what you mean...the pumpkin patch is memories galore. WE should all go together and hang out. We would love to see you guys. Jared was just missing Jay the other day. He'd be stoked and so would I. Taylor could not be cuter. Love every pic of her!
I love that you listen to Christmas music early, too! I haven't gotten it out yet but I just might have to soon. December is just not long enough.
I've always loved Halloween but its definitely better with kids. I'm looking forward to next year to take Nate to the pumpkin patch!
Taylor is so stinking cute! We haven't seen her forever and she has grown up so much. We are glad we could find you through Jen and Jake. It is fun to see your cute family.
your LONG hair is making me so jelouse... there is nothing funner then finding something thats fun and entertians the kids, and i love the costume
How fun! I wish we had a pumpkin patch to go too, but it's hard enough to find a pumpkin on sale and when you do find them they're insanely expensive. I can't believe how big she's getting.
Hey! I just have to say how I love that you are already listening to christmas music! I started listening to it about a month ago and some of my roommates thought I was crazy! Back then I thought I wasn't going to be back home till Christmas so I was getting all excited to come home then so I turned on some of my favorite christmas tunes. But I rarely listen to them now because I found out that I'll be home for thanksgiving for a few days! Yay! So that's all I wanted to say. It sounds like you guys are having a great time in Cali! I'm still adjusting to the weather. :) bye
Aha! I found your blog. For some reason when I clicked on your name, I kept on getting sent to a recipe site. Your family is so cute, Katie. Do you like California? We miss you guys and will keep checking in to see how you are doing!
I love the pictures. What a fun FHE. She looks so cute with all of those pumpkins.
I am dying laughing! I told Dan Jay was probably just playing hard to get. But I am so glad to hear we are still blogging friends! I can't get over how old Taylor is looking! So cute!
Love the costume! Love the pumpkin pictures! Please send me some- I'm doing new great-grandma books later this week! (10-23) Our Halloween tradition was to have chili for dinner (the boys didn't like it!) and apple pie or pumpkin bars for dessert. We often ate with Mollie & Mark Allen...I usually still carve 1 pumpkin...the artist in me! Your pumpkin looked GOOD!
Post a Comment