- Having tolerance without condoning.
We can love someone while still maintaining and advocating our standards and beliefs.
- Unless Proposition 8 passes, California society will soon undergo a profound change in its basic understanding of marriage and family life.
- Proposition 8 will not hurt gays.
- Failure to pass Proposition 8 will hurt children.
- Failure to pass Proposition 8 will hurt churches.
www.preservingmarriage.org
www.protectmarriage.com
VOTE!!!
6 comments:
AMEN!
great post Katie!! :) so gald to see more people blogging about this. it's SO scary to think what this is going to do to our kids!
The church is telling everyone here to talk to their friends and family in California and make sure they vote yes on Prop. 8! Glad to see you are voting and blogging about it! I didn't know all of those things about it either. Kind of scary! I heard something the other day I think Joseph Smith said it, something about the constitution hanging by a thread and the priesthood having to come and save it! I think we are about there!
Anyway, we are so looking forward to Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see you! Hope you're doing good! Love you!
Great post. Hopefully prop. 8 gets passed!
Here is my hope and belief; that one day society and the major theocracies will be able to accept the God-given differences between us, just as we have come to accept that African-Americans, women, and others should hold the same rights as everyone else.
"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so"
-Brigham Young (Journal of Discourses, vol.10, p.110)
Now, I do not bring this up to say that Brigham Young was a bad man, merely a product of his environment, in the same way as we are today. I also bring this up to illustrate that the church certainly evolves with society, and to emphasize my sincere belief that in our lifetime homosexual couples (just as interracial couples) will be welcomed with open arms into any church they choose.
(This is actually from Mike, not Starr)
P.S. Your daughter is adorable, hope your family is doing well.
thats funny our bishope brick just called matt to ask him to cold call people for 2 hrs each night to get the to vote. lets see if he get on that.
Post a Comment