I seriously hate bees and ever since we moved into this home, bees and ants have become my mortal enemies. So, although I wish this were an April fools joke on me...it's not, and the bee busters have already come out in full force to get rid of these things. I'll be crossing my fingers it stays that way.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Son of a BEE!!
Please excuse my mild french, but I've been cursing bee's these days! We found a lovely bee colony outside our front window last night, and I've had the heebee jeebies ever since!


I seriously hate bees and ever since we moved into this home, bees and ants have become my mortal enemies. So, although I wish this were an April fools joke on me...it's not, and the bee busters have already come out in full force to get rid of these things. I'll be crossing my fingers it stays that way.
I seriously hate bees and ever since we moved into this home, bees and ants have become my mortal enemies. So, although I wish this were an April fools joke on me...it's not, and the bee busters have already come out in full force to get rid of these things. I'll be crossing my fingers it stays that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Holy Crap! That is an enormous amount of bees! I would be freaking out I hate bees! It reminds me of dad's little rhyme, I'm sure you remember...it ends with, that's why in times like these, there are so many sons of bees! ha ha :0 Can't wait to see you!
You weren't joking, that is a freakish amount of bees... thank goodness your bbq-ing neighbor noticed, yuck!
That scares me, I can't believe how big that is! Sick.
Jess- I'm so glad you thought of dad's poem. Jay wanted me to post it, but for now it will go in the comment section, so here it goes...
The bumble bee is a busy soul,
He has no time for birth control.
And that is why on day's like these,
there are so many son's of b's.
Classic dad. Jay swears he makes these things up - but I'm sure he has a source. :)
I too have a phobia when it comes to bees. It all started when I was in junior high and a bee flew in my mouth and stung the inside of my bottom lip. My lip swelled to triple the size (only on side). It was pretty bad. Hopefully you can get the bees under control.
Oh and I love the poem:)
That is awful. I would be worried to send my kids out. But if it makes you feel any better I have a huge amount of rats in my yard. Now that is my worst nightmare!!!
You weren't kidding!! How did you guys miss that doing yard work. Good thing we weren't there to see it. Hopefully the bee guys got everything. Freaky to just look at!!
Okay, Heather you have rats?! That is more freaky to me, because they can get in your house and nibble on your toes while you are asleep. Okay obviously I have issues!
I have to agree with Jess - I would FREAK out if I had rats. And yes - I was nervous to let Taylor out so we were trapped in our house unless we left in the car out the garage. And luckily most of the bees are dead on the sidewalk today. So gross.
Good to hear they are dead. I think the rats live on the other side of the fence and they come to my yard to find food(we have a few fruit trees) which we will be pulling out when it warms up. And Byron and I for our date night tonight are going to Home Depot to get rat poisoning. And thanks Jess it's not like I've never thought of rats nibbling on my toes, I appreciate you reminding me!
Okay, you are all freaking me out!! You all know that I hate bee's because I am deathly allergic to them, but I also practically live on a farm and have rats, raccoons, and groundhogs. Oh, and not to mention the stupid dog and cat that live in the house. HELP!! Now I guess none of you are coming to visit me anytime soon. But, I did have someone come and take care of the rats.
OK you have all grossed me out...I won't be able to sleep tonight! But I do have something worse coyotes!! Katie I stalk your blog and I just had to say something on this one.
Your Taylor is beautiful and I love to see her pictures!
Love,
Auntie Di
Okay....Now maybe you all will understand my complete phobia of scorpians. Yes, I slept in my guest room and barricated the door for almost 2 weeks until my bug guy could come. It is quite pathetic. Did you know scorpians have been the only living thing to have been here since dinosaur times, and they only die when you step on them? I haven't seen them for a while...knock on wood. And, hey great to read about all of you, and discover that I am not alone in my phobias. Love you all..And love my theraputic blogs. I too stalk the blog circuit. (addicting)... Mom
Yuck, but you've got to give it to those bees, that's a pretty good hive! Loved the March Madness pictures with Thomas S. So fun they could come and visit and see that adorable Miss Taylor! She really is a doll!
I would be freaking out about the bees. Oh and I hate ants too! I feel like they always find a way into a house.
No one knows what it is like to deal with a cat phobia. They are much bigger than bees and scorpions. Run Katie run!!
That is so freaky, I also do not like bees!!! You can find me today walking around my house in search for any bee activity. Yuck!!
Hi Katie! It's me, Robyn! Long time no talk or rather, blog! For me, that is. It sounds like you've been having fun!! How fun that Julie and Lee were here with Taylor. She is a beautiful little girl!!!
I've got 2 weeks left until baby girl comes! Crazy! I've been so busy, it will be nice to have to sit and nurse and try to take naps (yeah right) for awhile.
Sorry about the bees! We have them in the canyon across from us and they fly in our house sometimes, it's so gross!!!!! I'm kind of scared of bees.
That's huge! Did the bee guys get rid of it?
Um, YIKES! That does not look good. Lauren was just telling me about this last night and that is crazy. Hope you haven't gotten stung or heaven forbid that Taylor does. You poor thing!!!
Post a Comment