Thursday, May 24, 2007

Home Sweet Home

So, the big news is that we bought a house. We actually closed on it on Monday, and have known about it for a while, but I waited to blog about it until it was all said and done. It's been a hectic, educational, crazy process, so I just haven't had the time to blog! We got home today, took over 5 or so loads of stuff and furniture, and will try to do the bulk of it this weekend. We were able to stay in Ladera and in our ward, which we were so happy about! We love the location and we'll see how long we can keep our family there. So...that's what we'll be up to this week - moving about 3 blocks away from our current apartment, cleaning like crazy, painting, buying more furniture, and all that goes along with home ownership. Let's hope our bad luck ended on the Vegas trip and everything will go smoothly as we move in! Here's a few pictures of the new place...




And P.S. These are the pictures we took earlier...none of our furniture. Sad. It will be a slow process - but we're so excited. Come visit everyone!!

16 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting for you guys! I am so happy for you and that house is to DIE for! I love all the homes in Ladera, way to go! I just got caught up on your life and WOW!! Sounds like you have been busy and full of adventures. Happy Anniversary and Happy 1st B-day Taylor!

Robyn said...

I just clicked on your blog, saw a new entry, scrolled down to read it, and saw a few more entries! You have been having so much fun the last few weeks! I LOVE your new house. I gasped when I saw it. It belongs in a magazine and the inside is like a model home. It looks like a house that is across from the clubhouse on Daisy. Is that the one I'm thinking of? It is awesome. I am so excited for you guys. Are you so excited to move or what?

The Bellagio looks wonderful! I've never been there but it looks beautiful! What a nice husband Jay is to plan this and nice mom to watch Taylor!

I can't believe your bad luck with the car on the way to Vegas. My car overheated on the way to college once and we were stranded out there for awhile too. Not fun, especially with a baby!

So fun. I can't believe Taylor's one. Please come to the morning music class this Monday. It's the last one until summer and she's only doing 3 classes this summer! I want to see you guys!

Sorry so long, just so excited for you guys!!!!!

Ashly said...

yay! It is soooo cute! I can't wait to come over every day and hang out in it. I love all the light and the kitchen is amazing. How fun to finally have a house. We might have on in like 10 years or so! ha!

Heidi J said...

I have been out of town and just read your blog. Wow, you have certainly had your fair share of bad luck. Your vegas trip looked so neat. Also, Taylor is adorable. I can't believe she is 1 already! Your house is SO cute. I love it. I am so jealous. You will get so much enjoyment out of having your own home. Congratulations!!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

Obviously I am coming over today.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! Definitey post more pictures when you're all moved in and you've made it "yours".

Emily said...

How awsome!! Congratulations. Your house is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Now don't say "come visit" unless you really mean it. Chris and I are trying to plan a trip to LA/Long Beach area sometime in June. We'd love to see you guys and get together for dinner. I'll email you more. I love your house and I'm so excited for you guys to be out of your apartment.

Jess and Matt said...

The house is GORGEOUS!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I hope you love it there. Taylor is such a cutie, Happy Birthday to her! I bet the time has flown by so fast. Happy Anniversary too! 5 Years...you're pretty much pros at the marriage business ;) Hope all is well!

kristenlucy said...

oh katie...we miss you guys too!! it was so fun to see you. i love your house!! we are hoping do a little weekend trip down there in the next couple weeks or so...

Chrissy said...

Love it! I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow even with all of your stuff going on you are such a good blogger. I can't keep on top of things but you are motivating me. I love your house and can't wait to come and visit. I'm sure you will be so happy to have all SIX of us come and stay! (ha ha) Love you

nicole said...

We are so excited for you guys! This house is darling, I can't wait to see what you and your mom do with it. Aren't these the houses right across from the park by us? I hope so! One year and counting...... Also, It was so fun to see more photos of Olivia, Luke and Suzanne on your blog. We miss all of you, looked like a fun night. Happy one year to Talyor!

sarah marie. said...

excuse moi?! and in ladera?! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm needing a new post now and more pictures of your cute new house!

Anonymous said...

Seriously I wish I knew how to post other than Anonymous, but it won't recognize my password, so I'm sorry. Anyway, what a great house. I love it. Send pictures once you get everything moved in and it has that Katie touch. It is so cute from the outside I can't stand it. I really love it. Emily Harris