Thursday, September 02, 2010

So long sweet Summer

Remember when I was going to try and make every post a line from a song...I'm back at it! So long sweet summer is RIGHT! I can't believe it's all coming to end. The beach, pool, park and Disneyland have been our very good friends this summer. The sun decided to hide until August, but we made due with what we had. Taylor finished swim lessons and is a fish, she started soccer a few weeks ago, and dance and preschool start next week. I have ONE picture of us at the beach and one of her first day of soccer, and NONE of anything else local. I took so many pictures in Seattle, so let's hope the ridiculous amount of collages I put on this post makes up for it.

Taylor at the beach : First day of soccer
PhotobucketHit up the circus with Brittany and Jake. Very fun. Very LONG.
Photobucket
The family playing at the beach. Taken by the oh-so-talented, Tiffany Garfield.
PhotobucketQuick trip to Vegas. I honestly took NO pictures, but we did have lots of fun. We met up with lots of old friends (so sad I took no pictures!), went to some yummy dinners, went shopping, played at Town Square, finally saw my mom's GORGEOUS showroom, and lounged around my mom's house. The girls always love hanging with their Nana.
Photobucket
5 days later we were off to Seattle.
The first day we went downtown at the Seattle Aquarium and lunch on the water after. This was so much fun and Taylor was so daring and pet everything! I was a little shocked. It first took one of the workers to give her a small bowl of some little creatures to feel and then she was all about it.
Photobucket
A day at Remlinger Farms. So fun and only 20 minutes away. By far the hottest day we had, but it was great to be outside and enjoy all the fun kiddie activities. We rode a pony, roller coaster, ferris wheel, fed some animals, took the train and had some yummy homemade ice cream.
Remlinger FarmsRemlinger Farms 2
We took the ferry to Bainbridge Island one of the days and had a lot of fun walking around and enjoying the sights. I only wish I would have taken a picture of some of the ice cream we had while over there. It was DE-LISH! That alone was worth the ferry ride. The view was incredible too. Such a clear day.
Ferry to BB
We had so much fun the week we were there. Julie even slipped in a few beginner piano lessons for Taylor, we played in the backyard (a novelty for us), Jay and Lee golfed 2 days while Julie the girls and I slipped away to the doll museum in Bellevue, saw movies, watched movies at home, read books, played toys, went the park, lots of eating out...PHEW! We got it all in basically.
PhotobucketNow it's back to the grind. It was fun having Jay around for the month of August. It always feels like we're back in college when he takes those big breaks from work :) The other thing Taylor has mastered this summer is her poses! Oh please, that girl can't give me a straight face and normal stance to save her life! I feel like we had to tell her a thousand times a day to put her head straight and just smile! As you can tell by my many pictures she has some winners in there with her pose, and we basically got not one family picture. They all failed, but that's kind of the deal at this age I guess. Now we're on to fall. As the song says, "it's cold where you're going, I hope that your heart's always warm." :)

1 comment:

Trevor and Brooke said...

So cute and a fun recap! Hopefully we'll see you in a few weeks. It would be oh so fun. Talk to you later!