Friday, January 01, 2010

Is anyone out there?


Here I go, here I go, here I go again (feel free to sing the song if you know it)....So, it's a new year and I'm determined to blog more. Given that miss Ellie's birth was my last post and next week she will be 6 MONTHS OLD! What?! I think the clincher was when we were in Arizona last week visiting my sister and her family, and she was dying that she has not seen a picture of Ellie since she was visiting me a few weeks after she was born. Oops.

And since we are all on our lonesome here in Cali, my family would be much more appreciative if I hit up the blogging train again. So here is our last 6 months in a nutshell.

We had many wonderful visitors after Ellie was born. My sister Jessie and her little girl Chloe, my mom, Joel, Lee and Julie (Jay's parents) and Brooke, Trevor and their kids Caden and Hailey. All of them came within 4 weeks of Ellie being born. Very fun, very crazy.





Taylor started preschool and dance. Ballet and tap. It KILLS me how cute it is!


We made a very long drive to San Francisco to say farewell to Joel (in Brazil for 2 years on the mission) and packed in a lot of stuff in 3 short days.


Ellie got bigger (smiling, laughing but still waking up every 2 hours throughout the night! Yikes. She is either very happy and a smiling little bug....OR she's crying. It was a long 10 weeks at first. I'll be honest ;)

Flew to Utah for General Conference and blessed Ellie Jane with many wonderful family members.



Had a beautiful Snow White and cute little caterpillar for Halloween this year. We now have one little miss who is OBSESSED with Halloween and still asks daily to listen to Halloween music and plan out her costume for next year (so far we have Cinderella or a skeleton in the running)



Stayed home for Thanksgiving this year and had Lee and Julie join us from Seattle. We loved having them here and even spent a day at Disneyland (they hadn't been in almost 15 years! What!? We go every week so we showed them the ropes :)



Ellie got bigger (rolling over, sitting up, just started sleeping through the night after some serious crying, and rice cereal. Still a fussy miss but we love her anyway!)

Stayed home for Christmas. Just the four of us. Finally got Jay to put lights on the house after 3 years, agreed that the more kids you have the better every holiday is, enjoyed that Taylor understood more about the true meaning of Christmas and what it's all about and loved our cozy home around the holidays. We loved it, but missed being with family and all the traditions.



So, we hopped in the car the day after Christmas and went to the closest family we have and spent 5 days in Arizona with my sister's family and I FINALLY got to meet the newest family member - Tyler Don Jensen. He's the size of Ellie, but two months younger. So much fun!



Phew! So there it was. Six short months in a nutshell. I can't believe what a slacker I've been, but I'll be back at it again this year for sure. If not, Ellie will probably be walking by the time our family sees any pictures of her! Here was our Christmas card for the year, sorry if we missed you. It was a crazy month. We're now onto to 2010. We'll see what adventures it holds for us. Can't wait!



16 comments:

Trevor and Brooke said...

Hooray!! Great re-cap. I really did miss your posts and can't wait to see more. We loved having you guys here and are already looking forward to March when we go to Disneyland with Trev's work. Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was this [] close to taking you off my blog roll. PHEW, now I won't have to. So happy for the update. Umm, I see no mention of meeting us for lunch while you were in Utah. I thought that was the highlight of your trip. ;)
My girls wore those same pj's for Christmas eve. So cute! Love all your festive packages under the tree. Now let's hope you can keep up with blogging in the new year!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Ellie is ADORABLE! And yes, please don't wait another 6 months before we see her again. :)

Glad you guys are doing well!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Ellie is a cutie pie and I can't believer how grown up Taylor is these days.

I wonder if you guys will ever get a baby that looks like you? ;)

Heidi J said...

So happy to see a blog post from you. Love all the pictures. You have a beautiful family! Sounds like life is good!

Judy and KC said...

YEA! So glad to have you back! We missed seeing you at Christmas. I can't believe how beautiful your girls are - wow! You two have the good genes - you should have a bunch of kids! Thanks for letting us peek into your life in sunny California! Keep it up. We love it!

Robyn said...

What a great post!! I feel like I got to watch Ellie grow up! what fun you've been having with all your trips and visitors. Your girls are beautiful. I love the picture of Taylor in her room with her backpack on. Her hair is SO cute. And that picture of Ellie in the striped pants and ugg boots belongs in a magazine!!! You are a beautiful family. I miss you and hope you're doing well!!

Nana Julie said...

That was a fabulous recap, Katie! I also loved the picture of Taylor w/her backpack and Ellie in her Ugg boots! It was a quiet Christmas for us too-the highlight being able to talk to you all and Joel in Brazil.
You and Jay DO have a beautiful family. In looks & in spirit.
Love you!
Nana Julie

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

It's a Christmas miracle! I need to follow suit now and update my blog! The kids are so cute and we miss you all so much! Christmas just isn't the same without seeing my sisters! Love you and miss you!

Ashly said...

I thought I should comment...maybe to inspire you to keep blogging. LOVE the picture of Ellie standing on the couch!

Jules said...

Awwww....Katie, your family is beautiful as always. The girls are darling. Enjoy them lots, even the fussy times, because they grow WAY too quickly.
Thanks for the great update of the last 6 months. We love our CA cousins even if we never see each other. ha ha
Love,
Julie Barr
(Jay's only Monson cousin - LOL)

Scott and Michelle said...

Hooray for you. I am glad you are getting back into the swing of things on your blog. It was good seeing you guys before Christmas. Your family is adorable. Love the little girls!

brooke said...

Yay..I was just starting to wonder if you were ever going to blog again. Welcome back! I can't believe how big both your girls are, they are so cute.
Hopefully we will see you guys sometime in the near future!

camille said...

LOVED catching up with here, Katie! Little Ellie is sooooooooo cute and I want to kiss and hug her to pieces. And, I just love Taylor and all her cuteness. That pic of her ready for preschool is my fav. She is so cute with her bouncy little hair-do and all. She is starting to look just like you, I think! So glad you got caught up. Now, it's me who's just not finding time to blog. It's been a month already and I'm just not motivated. Loved looking at yours, though! I can't wait til Rowan is smiling that big and sitting up! So fun! xo

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! So glad you are back. Brooke gave me the heads up that you had updated the blog. Soooo glad. It is the highlight of my day to go online and see all of my cute grandkids. Keep up the good work. I love all of the pics. The girls are such cute sisters....I look forward to seeing more. Love and miss you all! Mom

MaryAnn said...

Cuteness. Your girls don't look anything alike. Thanks so much for the cute Christmas card. It really made my day.