Saturday, October 18, 2008

Big steps

We put Taylor in a "big girl bed" today.  If I knew she'd be this excited about it, I might have done it a little sooner.  She's totally over her crib and it's more me that's having anxiety about taking it down!  I just want to know I get to put it back up again sometime soon!  

So, we made the jump and she's already slept soundly in it and continues to do so, even as I write.  I honestly am not sure when she grew up so fast.  Some days I'm talking to her and I think, she thinks, she's about 15!  I just love my big girl and think these pictures are classic!  Especially the one's of her "fake sleeping"!

11 comments:

jenn said...

love the bed!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Love her bedding. I have a feeling I will be as excited as she is when we upgarde to a king size some day.

Niels and Susie Jensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Yay for Taylor! That is such a big day! Her bedding is darling! She is getting so big! I can't wait until next month! The fake sleeping pic is the best! Love you guys!

kristenlucy said...

hey katie...it's been awhile!! :) taylor is so darling!! lauren just moved to her big girl bed too...it was a way easier transition than i thought it was going to be :) too bad we don't live closer...i think taylor and lauren would be cute little friends!! call us if you guys come into town anytime soon...we would love to see you!!

Nicole said...

She looks so excited in her big girl bed! My favorite picture is the one of her fake sleeping too!

Ashlee said...

I can't decide whether to put make in a big bed or just keep him the crib. He sleeps so well and takes fabulous naps. I'm afraid all that will go away once I move him. How's it going with Taylor?

My mom and Dad are in China right now but her email address is... mcallister1661@comcast.net

Robyn said...

I loved moving Trent to a big boy bed. Isn't it fun to lay next to her now? She looks so grown up. She was so cute tonight. I can't believe how much she talks now, we really need to get together soon so she can play with Trent without a thousand kids around.

Roo said...

That is a huge step... she is sooo cute! Way to go Tay!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog today and wanted to say it's really cute and your family is just beautiful!

-rebekka

Amber said...

Great bed! It is almost sad when they move up to a big bed. However, there are joys in every season.