Tuesday, September 09, 2008

So long sweet summer

Well now that Summer has officially come to a close with the start of school, I thought I'd blog about the only milestone at our house...Taylor started play group. Does that even count as a milestone? Well she is gone for 2 1/2 hours once a week, so it's a milestone for me I guess. I couldn't help but take her cute little picture this morning. She's so sassy and has ENDLESS energy - as most two year olds do.


We spent most of these last few moments of summer at the beach, where Jay has decided to pick up surfing. All those years growing up here, and he takes it up now!? Well, I'm in total support of it and I don't mind hanging out at the beach while he perfects his wave riding skills. Can't complain. These are from a few weeks ago but I had to show how silly this girl is....

Singing and playing who knows what under the lifeguard stand


And copying every older girl in sight. Those hands on the hips are too much for me. Life needs to slow down...

9 comments:

Heidi J said...

She is so darn cute. She has grown up so fast. I still love to read your blog and see what you are up to.

Trevor and Brooke said...

I love the last picture. How was Disney? Did she do as good this time? Call me. Love you!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How does playgroup work? Is it an earlier version of preschool? I'm sure you're enjoying a break once a week!

Fenn Family said...

I can't believe how big she looks!! Her hair is so long. Love the dress!

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh, I love that last picture. She looks so grown up with those hands planted on her hips. I love the pictures of her in her polka dot dress too. Adorable. Her long hair is so pretty. Good job surfing Jay! And Katie, I heard that they have these sweet nursing rooms at Disneyland with t.v.'s for the older kids to watch while the mom's nurse. So I want to go with you and you can go on a ride with Taylor while I nurse okay? Maybe next week.

Roo said...

She is so cute. I love her little outfit. California looks like a great place to live... :) your picutres are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I bet she is just loving play group. She's such a cutie. I wish I were coming to visit you. I'd love to see how these girls get along a year later. hmm. Way to go Jay on getting into surfing.

camille said...

She could not be any cuter!!! Now that Jay is a surfer, he and Jared need to go ride some waves together. We would love to hang out with you on the sand! Congrats on your time alone. Relish it!!!

Larry and Erika Butler said...

Glad to see Maddie made your blog. If you're interested in having her learn any more sassy poses, send her our way...Maddie's the master!