Taylor was LOVING Christmas morning. She hasn't stopped playing with her kitchen and shopping cart. I think it will be heaven sent for Jay and me as well. :) It's so cute to watch her with it and talk to her stuffed animals while cooking. She's all girl and loves make believe
We tried to get some video of her coming down the stairs that morning, but she was completely overwhelmed by all the people waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs - taking pictures and waiting for a BIG reaction. I'm not sure she knew what to think of it all until we left her alone.
All in all though, it was a big success and we were even able to have a little Christmas Miracle and find something open Christmas Day to have dinner at (given the no kitchen issue) at El Torrito Grill! I had images of "Christmas Story" in my head and thought we were all going to end up eating duck - with it's head still on- at some sketchy Chinese food place. Luckily, that didn't happen and we loved our entire holiday.
She was VERY excited about her big girl chair as you can see. I just loved this picture of her taken the day before.
We'll see what the rest of the holiday brings us, but we're hoping for some good health and no more plumbing issues. Let's cross our fingers...
9 comments:
I'm glad you had an eventful Christmas. And no knocking the Christmas Story Chinese restaurant. Byron and I did that on Christmas Eve about four years ago. After all of our plans were canceled we had nowhere to go, and low and behold a Chinese place was opened! It turned out to not be so bad. Hope your plumbing woes end soon, I hate those kind of house problems. I will e-mail you soon and get your info, I promise I haven't forgotten.
We missed you, but it looks like you had a great Christmas. It wouldn't be Christmas without your kids getting sick. That's a tradition I could live without. Hope all is better now! Talk to you soon!
What a cutie! How fun for you guys....minus all the plumbing issues....
We had a similar ear situation Christmas Eve - why is it that just because its the holiday they have to get sick, not the day before, not the day after, just wait until the Dr is closed and then bingo, they're sick...geeze!
We would have died and gone to heaven to find an El Torito Grill in Idaho open on Christmas day! We ended up eating gas station food and I'm not kidding... you'll have to read my story on our blog, it's pretty funny! We are home now, let's get together! PS. She's growing up so fast! Such a pretty little girl. She has to marry Rowan.
Man, what a crazy time. And that little pig next to her in the big girl chair...I got that for Sage and she's LOVED it and plays with it for EVER. I love the gifts they just can't get enough of.
I think my niece got that same kitchen! She is LOVING it, too!
Glad you had a nice holiday....even with the plumbing issues and ear infections.
Sorry again about all the issues on Christmas - but really those tortillas don't sound too bad for a holiday dinner! It was so fun to see you guys!
Your pictures are so cute! Lauren is already commenting that she wants a green chair just like that for her room. Hope the plumbing issues are over.
Post a Comment