Wednesday, October 03, 2007

TAGGED!!

Okay...I rarely do these tags, and I'm sure the person who tagged me already knows it in detail (Brooke!), but I'll do it anyway....

1. Where did you meet your husband?

My roommate, Lauren Bunker, convinced me to take a class at the BYU Salt Lake center with her brother's roommate so we could carpool. I finally agreed to do it and we would carpool every Tuesday night to Salt Lake with either Jay and Jono or Lindsay Marz and Trisha. So, as the weeks went on Lauren told me I should go out with Jay, but I didn't know if I really even liked him, I was really into graudating and getting a good career and not getting married young. oops! So while in class Jay started to write me notes back and forth just getting to know me. I should say that it was probably the easiest class EVER and we often wondered why we went every week, so we had a lot of free time in class. Anyway, he asked me if I had plans one night in a note and asked me to go to dinner. It sounds very funny now, but it was sweet at the time. We went out to dinner at Red Robin the next night and I was a little worried about 2 things that happened that night. #1 - he ordered a salad! I just wasn't too sure about that and #2 he dropped me off at my dorm immediately after dinner at like 8pm b/c he had to go to a friend's goodbye party (which ended up being Katie Lark Hoffman). I was a little confused about the whole night but did have a good time.

Well the very next day Jay called me and asked me out that weekend and if he told the story, he'd say I stood him up! I don't quite see it that way. My cousin was getting baptized (I think it was Scotty) and some good friends from Rick's were coming in town that I hadn't seen in a while, so I postponed the date. But I maybe called him an hour before he was supposed to pick me up, so he's half right. Anyway, after we got that cleared up we hung out a few more times and he kissed me on the 3rd date, in his condo, before he left for work. His sly way of getting that to happen was to tell me it was quicker for me to go out the basement door to my car. Probably so that we would be alone and in the dark to kiss me goodbye! Pretty cute though.

2. So what happend next?

After that we spent every single day together. I went home for Spring semester but it didn't last long and I quickly moved back up to Provo and actually moved in to the condo he was moving out of. Very confusing...but I moved in with Lauren into her parents condo and her brother Ryan, and Jay, were moving out. So, we fell in love and knew it was meant to be pretty early. He was a total romantic and would write me songs, buy me flowers and leave notes in my car all the time. He asked me to marry him on February 12, 2002. I was running home with Lauren from a class at BYU and was in a complete rush because we were meeting my sister Jessie and Craig in Salt Lake at the Olympic Venue. Lauren knew what was happening but I had no idea! Jay was waiting for us on the couch and I said hi and ran upstairs to get a jacket. He followed me up and was acting really nervous. I told him we were in a rush and needed to go now! He calmly sat down and said he wanted me to hear something first. He played me a song that he wrote and asked me to marry him! We celebrated that night in Salt Lake with my sister and Craig. I couldn't have been happier. Our first date was March 2001 and we were married May 24, 2002 in Las Vegas. We still have the notes we wrote in class and the receipt from our first date. Love him!



I Tag:

1. Ashly Lark
2. Jenn Mullen
3. Kristy Dunning
4. Suzanne Hart

10 comments:

Trevor and Brooke said...

Of course I know the story and love it. The whole salad thing was pretty funny though. What's with your lack of commenting on my blog lately? I'm not sure your out there anymore. Just kidding!

emily said...

I love that story and I had no idea. The salad thing is really funny. Oh, I can't believe that you are a snickers, I am soo jealous, you know a snickers keeps you going. Why can't I be a snickers?

Anyway, I love your story. I was so happy to hear it.

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh, was it History of Civ? I don't know why anyone would take that class at BYU when you could enjoy Hebertson for 3 hours a week.

KATIE, THAT IS HOW DAVE AND I STARTED DATING! Seriously, that's crazy. Hebertson should be known as the love doctor.

I carpooled with Dave, Tyler, and Jason, and Dave and I would write notes in class too! Sadly, I don't know what I did with them!

Okay, back to you. Very romantic, and so sweet that he wrote you a song to propose! How sweet! Cute story. Good job Jay!

Katie said...

Of course it was Hebertson!! Could it be anyone else. Jay swears he discovered him in '97. Whatever. I think his quote on the first day of class was, "don't bother buying the book. If I don't write it on the board it's not on the test." HA! if only all my teachers would have thought like him...

Ashlee said...

I love the story. I didn't know how you guys met. Atleast one good thing came out of that class. Hope everything is going well!

Amber said...

I don't think I ever heard your story. It was so fun to read. I still can't believe I finally get a family member to get married in Las Vegas and I miss it by having a baby!!

Anonymous said...

Although I had heard bits and pieces of the story, it was so fun to hear it all, and in the right order!

Anonymous said...

AND SO DO ALL OF YOUR FAMILY....lOVE HIM. lOVE READING THE ROMANCE...MEANT TO BE...lOVE, MOM

kristy said...

what a romantic story! seriously, so glad we are all home from the world travels! It's time for a pizza night catch up!! thanks for the tag! excited to write mine...

camille said...

That is such a sweet story! I even remember that time as Lauren would tell me tidbits about it. Didn't know you then, but so happy to know you now. You guys are a great couple and an adorable little family. We should hang out soon!