Monday, October 08, 2007

Sunny California!

Well, we're back again from Utah. And it was FREEZING! So, as you can tell by my title, I am happy to be back in the warm sunshine again. We did have such a fun weekend in Utah. We met Jay's family there and attended the Saturday morning session of General Conference. I always love conference weekend, and it's makes it such a great experience to actually attend at the conference center. No one in Jay's family had ever been before, so it was fun to be there with them. It was an extremely cold day however, with highs in the mid 40s! My body was in temperature shock! Luckily we didn't have to walk too much and we were able to leave Taylor with my very generous sister Brooke. SHe kept Taylor all day for us so we could have the morning together and then a wonderful lunch afterwards. Taylor had a lot of fun playing with her cousins as always. During Priesthood session all the girls went up to Jess and Craig's and ate dinner there and let all the kids play together. I always go into PSD (post sister depression) for a few days afterwards. We have so much fun together and I just die over how fast everyone's kids are growin up. Luckily we'll be back in Utah for Thanksgiving - or maybe not so lucky since it will be even colder by then. Yikes! Anyway, enjoy the pics of my crazy kid and a very heart warming, but body freezing weekend.Me and Jay on the roof
The whole family :)
Getting the air of out of the matress...the fun never ends.
Caden and Taylor
Already thinking she knows what to do with a computer

10 comments:

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

has it really been that long sonce i've sen you guys? i mean, taylor's hair is longer than mine!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I loved the pictures but I loved seeing you more! I miss you already and am looking forward to Thanksgiving! I totally know what you mean about psd! I love you!

Trevor and Brooke said...

Having a little PSD myself. Now I just hope Taylor doesn't get a cold. So sorry! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving! So because of you, I watched Oprah today about Deceptively Delicious. I'm sold. I'm thinking about getting the book. If I do, I'll let you know. Talk to you soon!Love you!

Anonymous said...

o.k. i JUST GOT A LITTLE TEARY READING YOUR BLOG AND ALL ABOUT YOUR WEEKEND WITH "THE GIRLS." I DO KNOW HOW YOU ALL FEEL AS I GET THE PDDS; POST DAUGHTER DEPRESSION SYNDROME. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE EVEN WHEN WE ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN STARRING AT THE KIDS BE KIDS, WE ARE STILL HAVING FUN JUST BEING TOGETHER. lOVE YOU, AND LOOK FORWARD TO THANKSGIVING! lOVE, MOM

kristenlucy said...

we were there saturday morning too...and it was soo cold!! too bad we didn't run into each other!! :)

we have an old keyboard and mouse that lauren is obsessed with...it's funny how quick they pick up on things!

Emily said...

Taylors hair is so cute! I'm still waiting for Katie's hair to grow longer on the sides. It still looks mulletish.

Shauna Brown said...

Going to Conference is the best and being with the Monson crew- what could be better?? I mean, Lee's nickname is Thomas S.!!!

Robyn said...

Hanging with the Monson family Conference Weekend sounds so fun! Those pictures are awesome too. I love that view. I miss my sisters too! Good thing we have cell phones with free mobile to mobile.

Amber said...

How fun! I can relate to the cold. We were up there a couple of weeks ago and it snowed!!! I was not prepared for that. It still looked like you had a great time.

Chrissy said...

Taylor has grown so much since I've seen her! What is this? We live 2 minutes from each other, we are in the same ward....and I still never see you guys! I guess that is primary!