We had so much fun in Utah, and a week went by way too fast. We stayed with Brooke and Trevor and now we are dealing with the aftermaths of Taylor being incredibly lonely. I think she's a little confused where all her friends went. We saw almost every family member on both sides with a couple picnics with the Shaw girls, a lunch with Great Gma Shaw, a BBQ at GG Heaps with all the cousins, a day at the zoo, girls night out, dental work by Trevor, family pictures taken by my wonderful friend Suzanne, about 3 trips to Cafe Rio and a morning at BYU. Whew! What didn't we do? Here's a few pics taken. I miss everyone like crazy. i love being with my entire family (first time in about 6 years) and wish I could convince one of them to take the plunge and move to California. I WISH! :)
Taylor and Hailey at the zoo with the giraffe
My sisters...miss you, love you! (Me, Brooke and Jess)
Taylor, Caden and Haily in Jess and Craig's sand box
All the grandkids with Grandma Shaw...Who looks amazing!
All the grandkids playing a spinner game that we played with as kids. Crazy.
Taylor with mom and dad at BYU. And don't worry...we're secretly wishing that one day she can stand there with her dad with the "Y" in the back as she enrolls. When did we become such BYU nerds? Obviously after we left!
The ENTIRE family...with more to come I'm sure.

Taylor enjoying a horse. She copied all the boys and would pick grass and feed the horses. So cute.

And the wonderful photographer, Suzanne. We can't thank her enough and hopefully she'll be making a trip out to Cali soon. It was so good to see her.
So, that's our latest family trip in a nutshell. We miss everyone and can't wait to go back soon. I hated saying goodbye and feel like I'm missing out on everyone's lives. I always go through a semi-depression when I leave any family members, so this one might be tough since I was with all of them. What would we do without the blogging?
15 comments:
katie, sooo glad you are back! been wondering when... we missed you!! let's get together soon! suzanne's pictures of taylor are sooo amazing, she is awesome.
What a fun family trip. Love all the pictures. We can't wait to go back to Utah and see our families. By the time we get back next summer, it will be 1 1/2 years since we have seen everyone and we will have a 6 month old. Crazy!!!
Katie,
I loved being able to see you when you were in town. I love your blog and all the pictures. You have to see H's new blog, it is hilarious. I also put new pic's on mine of my kitchen (that I am obsessed with). I will be checking yours for more cute pictures of your family pictures. I can't believe that you were all together. How fun. Love you tons.
Love the new blog pictures. I am missing you so much and it just isn't the same without you guys here. We all love you guys and can't wait for conference. Have you sent your family pics to Costco yet to be blown up? Let me know. Also, I wanted to see some of the pictures on the disk that she didn't give us. Let me know if you have them.
You guys, we were so bummed we missed you at the reunion. It looks like you have had a great summer though so that's good to see. I am glad we can catch up through the blogs. Noah and I will be checking in every now and then. Tell Joel to step it up on his updates. What's going on with him. I'll have to make a comment to tell him I am checking on him too! We wish we could see you more often. I saw that you were in the city a while ago. Next time you are in the neighborhood please call us. Love you guys!
I'm glad you had such a great time with your family! The pictures are great.
I'm glad to hear that you still like 24...we can't wait to start season 2! We LOVE Lost. Such a great show.
I miss Utah so much! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
We miss you guys! Our house is too quiet now. Caden is back to bugging Hailey since Taylor is gone. Can't wait til October. Talk to you soon!
Hey! Wow a week is too short! Well I guess if you are with family a week isn't enough. But when you are stuck in Utah like me at Dixie it kinda sucks. Well there are fun times but when you are home sick it kinda sucks but there are some fun college moments that's for sure! Like boys. haha.
It was great to see you, and your little Taylor is so cute. Love the pictures, I barely recognized Jordan it has been so long since I've seen him. Hope to see you again soon.
Looks like you had the most wonderful time! Cousins, sisters, family, and friends- nothing better!
Kate,
Will you email me a picture of Taylor's bedding and wall color? Starr is trying to get some ideas. Thanks
It was so great to see you in Utah. Your blog is so cute. I am glad that I can see what is going on with you and your cute family. Give us a call when you are in town. We always love to see family.
I am so happy I got to see you guys while you were here and that you were willing to be my victims for photos. I really hope some of them turn out for you. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!! California here I come!
Cute pics...love the future cougar pics for sure...isn't it funny how you realize that BYU really was fun after you leave:>
Post a Comment