Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sandy cheeks...

I just have such great friends here, and for my early birthday, my friend Kristy planned a little day at the beach with some friends in the ward and their kids. It was the perfect day at the beach and we even saw a few dolphins swimming around. My birthday was just a good excuse for all of us to get together for a relaxing day. Taylor is seriously really fun and easy to take to the beach, so I'm guessing we'll be frequenting one of the many beaches in the area this summer. She honestly just sits in the sand and as long as she has a shovel and a few snacks, she's pretty content just piling sand all over herself. Trick of the day though...baby powder. I just wiped that all over her as we left and she was clean as a whistle! So, thanks to all the girls for going and to Kristy for planning it. Sadly, at the very end some crazy skin boarder totally crashed into her, Maggie and April and cut open her ankles. He was a little punk kid. What do you do? It was no fun for her. Hopefully she'll recover well and we'll get out there again this week or next. :)Little Kurt Mullen
Taylor with her bucket full of sand (wet sand at that!)
Tay-Ray and MomTaylor and Kurt lovin' the sand

A few very bad and very blury group photos, but if you could see it was Chrissy, Jenn, Kristy, Maggie, April, all our kids and A LOT of food!Trying to get Taylor's attention for a picture

12 comments:

L.and.R said...

HI KATIE...its me, your ex-step sis/roommate, Lori. Jess gave me your site and I am so impressed with your cute family and your blogging skills. You look great...hope you are well. Lori (www.ljlabarbera.typepad.com)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How fun....a day at the beach for your birthday. I'm still debating what to do for mine!

Chrissy said...

That was really fun today, minus the punk kid incident. Naomi is pretty good usually for being so little, so I will frequent the beach this summer with you! Love the look Taylor is giving you in the last one! I need to bring my camera next time. She would be a perfect model!

kristy said...

Seriously, that was so much fun! I'm totally looking forward to the next beach trip! Ok, you have a hidden photography talent there, Katie. That last one of Taylor turned to the side with her shoes in the corner could win photography awards for composition! So darling, with all the surfers in the back... when are you going to start a LR photography biz? Oh and my ankles are fine, just a little crazy looking, but I'm just so glad none of the babies got it and that it mostly hit me and only barely got Giselle... punk teenager. So glad it was such a nice day, though. I loved it, can't wait to go again!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

Wait, why am I one of your best friends and didn't get invited to your birthday beach bash? Is it because I live in Aliso, not Ladera? jk. Looks like you had fun!

Emily said...

How fun. You're making me so homesick for the beach from your pictures. That beach is beautiful! No need to ever come to Puerto Rico to see a beautiful beach, you've got one.

Emily said...

By the way...I love the picture of Taylor and the bucket because it totally looks like she's checking out her nails. What a girly girl.

Kathy said...

Oh I miss the beach... looks like a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay stop making all of us Utahns jealous that you live in beautiful California by the beach! I'm so happy you have great friends to celebrate your pre-birthday with. I'll be thinking of you on the 27th.

Heidi J said...

I love the beach. How fun that you get to go all the time...and that Taylor loves it. You are so lucky. You both look great. She is such a doll.

La said...

I just learned the baby powder trick too! The best! Looks like you guys are doing great!

Shauna Brown said...

So fun!! Nothing better than the beach, friends, food, and baby powder!