All I can say though is that I just love my ward and friends here b/c everyone has been overly kind and caring about helping me out so that I can drive to the hospital to see him a couple times a day. The term "ward family" couldn't be more perfect at a time like this, when you have no immediate family near by but need the next best thing. I'm just feeling really grateful right now and I'm just happy he's going to be okay. The most annoying part of the experience was probably after he was treated all day at Mission hospital and then, low and behold, our insurance won't let him stay the night so they had to transfer him to San Clemente in an ambulance, which by the way, is probably one of the more ghetto hospitals I've seen in my days. But they're taking care of him - I just wish I could be with him more, but little Taylor needs me around.
So, I wanted to just do a quick post that he's doing good and was not thinking it was too funny when I busted out my camera in the hospital and told him I was going to blog about this. I'm crazy...but before this it was a slow week and I've been getting behind in my posts. He's doing great though and I just miss him and love him like crazy! I wish I could be the one taking care of him (I think I would do a better job by the looks of this place :)-
11 comments:
Katie I really feel for you, Ty was really sick and in the hospital a few months ago and it was really tough, especially with a baby. Also my grandmother has diverticulitis and was in the hospital for 3 weeks, went home for one week and is now back in the hospital for surgery for it. I guess it's tougher on your body when your 82. Anyway, my thoughts are with you and Jay. I hope he starts feeling better really soon!!
ugh...not a good sign. They did talk to him about surgery b/c he's actually too young to have this. It usually happens in your 80s! But they're going to wait and see if he has it happen again this year and if so, they'll probably do surgery. yuck. I hope your grandma is feeling better. Anytime you're in the hospital it's pretty crappy!
That stinks. I'm so glad you have a good ward that's taking care of you. I hope Jay feels better soon.
Hey hospital buddy. That stinks! Tell Jay we're thinking about him and hoping he gets better soon. Isn't it funny the things we blog about?
Katie, my dad had that. They said you can get it from eating lots of seeds and popcorn because I guess the seeds become embedded in your colon, intestine, causing inflammation? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I'm totally going to get it because I love popcorn! And stawberries!
I'm sure he'll be fine. It's not a serious condition. I would love to watch Taylor for you. Would you like to bring her by tomorrow? We have church from 1-4 and then we'll be home. Do you have my email or my number? I promise she'll have fun here. If she is like Trent, she has stranger anxiety but I will cure it by keeping her entertained!!! I promise! Please call me. I'm not just saying that. Or maybe Monday or Tuesday I could watch her if Jay is home and needs some peace and quiet and you want a break.
Oh you are all such troopers! Glad to hear he is doing better and coming home at last. No fun... The pictures are so great though, it so looks like Jay has this "hey baby" look in the second picture, like... "this place rocks and no matter what's going on, I'm still hot!" You are in our thoughts and prayers. See you soon!
Kate,
I hope everything is okay. I have tried to get a hold of you a couple of times and I know things must be crazy. Just making sure you guys are alright and Jay is among the living. Tell him to hang in there and we love him.
Hey i know i just commented but i forgot to ask you if you could help me spruce up me blog. Yours is so cute and I want to do something different. let me know
Oh my gosh! That is crazy! I hope he feels better soon. What a blessing to have such a great ward!
Ward families are great - I didn't understand it until I moved far away from family and you have to get close to your ward for support. Hopefully Jay is doing better! Tell him we're thinking of him (and his colon :)
What a nasty experience! I hope he is recovering well. Let me know if there is anything Luke and I can do for you guys! We have been a little out of the loop since the baby, but hopefully we can get back in it!
Post a Comment