Saturday, March 24, 2007

Workin' for the Weekend

Well this weekend was welcomed with open arms by both Jay and I. He's had a pretty bad few weeks of work, with later than usual nights (which is hard to believe) and lots of deadlines since busy season is wrapping up. So we intended on having a fun, relaxing Saturday. We spent the day at the Spectrum in Irvine and had some lunch at Wahoos (Jay's favorite of course)
And then did a little shopping and walked around in the beautiful weather where we let Taylor get out of her stroller to get some wiggles out by the fountain. It was seriously the perfect weather outside so we loved just walking around and having some good lunch and good shopping. Even though my mom was just here a few weeks ago and we did some shopping, I felt like I needed another outing. After a long few weeks, who doesn't enjoy a few sweet treats from Anthropologie? Later that night we walked around Ladera and ate dinner out. Twice in one day? You can tell that we were not feeling ourselves today, but we had a lot of fun and it was very relaxing.


And I just have to add a few cute pictures of little Bennett. Our friends Ashly and Andrew had their little baby last month and they were here this week visiting. Ashly and I went out to lunch one day and I just loved seeing them. It feels like Tay was never that tiny. We wish they'd move to Cali, but they're off to New York in the Winter, AND working for a different firm. Geez! We couldn't convince them of anything.

7 comments:

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

I don't believe it that you ate out twice in one day!! Really though, I am worried about Jay's mental health...JK. I love you guys.

Emily said...

I'm glad the busy season is wrapping up for Jay. That has to be hard with him gone so late. I love those pictures with Taylor next to the fountain. What a beautiful area.

Robyn said...

What a fun weekend! It was so beautiful, wasn't it? She looks like she's licking her lips after eating at Wahoo's. Yum!

Kathy said...

I want to move back to California! It looks so beautiful there!

Ashly said...

Bennett is so cute! That is for you Jay! Oh and you better believe Bennett and I are going to kick some trash in mother-boy! Katie, Bennett got his gift in the mail..thanks so much for the cute little outfit. I love it..especially the cute linen pants. I almost bought some yesterday at Gap! Thanks so much. Hopefully Bennett will get to meet Jay when he and I come back to California in two weeks!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's been a week TIME FOR A NEW POST! I thought I had already commented on this post but apparently not. Looks like a fun weekend.

Heidi J said...

I just got caught-up on your blog and you guys look like you have so much fun...yeah expect for that one week when Taylor was sick! She is getting so big and she is so adorable. I love her addiction to your shoes and girly stuff!