Wednesday, January 17, 2007

100 Things...Finally.

After much anticipation and persuading I decided to post my 100 things about me. It was quite interesting to do, I noticed a lot of funny things about myself - everyone should try it.

1. My birthday is June 27, 1982
2. I wear contacts and have since I was 12- I’ve had glasses since I was in 5th grade
3. I love bubble baths - burning hot!
4. I want lasik surgery
5. I’m the youngest of 4 children and they all think I was spoiled!
6. I grew up in Las Vegas and I still love it there
7. My daughter, at 8 months, cracks me up! We laugh together all the time.
8. I really love being a mom. Nothing can prepare you for how much you can love.
9. I was REALLY nervous about being a stay at home mom. I thought I’d be bored all the time – but it rarely happens.
10. I can’t stand staying inside all day, especially if it’s a nice day. I go a little crazy to be honest
11. I’m a NERD-I love watching anything on the discovery channel, history channel, and national geographic channel. Not just the cool shows either – I especially enjoy shows on Egypt, art, space, wars - you name it!
12. I grew up loving dinosaurs and still watch things about them
13. I had dinosaur sheets, lunchbox, books and toys growing up.
14. I had most dinosaur names memorized and thought I’d be an paleontologist
15. I love candles and always have one lit in my home
16. I can tap dance
17. I love flowers and making flower arrangements
18. I think my husband is AMAZING, and probably the funniest person I know.
19. I love Taco Bell
20. I still love Disneyland
21. I like rap music and know most lyrics.
22. I also love country music (I’m so diverse!)
23. I want to be a photographer and I’m even thinking of taking at class at our community college.
24. I love art and art history
25. I love the gospel and I’m thankful for it everyday.
26. I’ve always wanted to play an instrument or sing – but I can’t do either.
27. I have a crazy cleaning side of me – once I start I’m in my “mode” and get a little crazy
28. I’m not a pack rat!. I clean out my closet and drawers probably 4 times a year.
29. My favorite season is Fall.
30. I hate clutter
31. I’ve dyed my hair blonde, red, brown, and accidentally orange one time (the only time I did it on my own.)
32. I broke my nose playing hockey at BYU
33. I’ve never had stitches
34. I had 7 piercings at one time
35. I was on the channel 2 CBS news, interviewed for taking all my piercing out after Pres. Hinckley said to, consequently I now have only 2
36. My dream vacations are as followed -1. Europe (especially Venice and London) 2. African safari and 3. Egyptian pyramids
37. I watch basically every show on HGTV and critique the designers as if I know what I’m talking about.
38. I never wear shorts, even growing up in Las Vegas.
39. I’ve called 911 two times – both turned out just fine.
40. I think about world issues all the time and worry about kids in other countries.
41. I would wear flip flops every day if I could (and I almost can now that I live in California)
42. I’ve driven across country
43. I have to sleep on my stomach to fall asleep (pregnancy was rough obviously)
44. My eyes change color with what I’m wearing
45. My sisters are my best friends
46. I played softball, basketball and tennis growing up.
47. I stopped believing in Santa when I was 7 years old
48. I went to summer school at BYU 3 days after my high school graduation
49. I hate scary movies
50. I love sushi
51. One of my favorite things EVER is to try new foods and new restaurants.
52. I heart ketchup - on everything!
53. I’ve flown on a private jet all alone (and with 2 pilots)
54. I think I graduated in the most USEFUL major ever for a mother (family science)
55. I once tried (unsuccessfully) to flush my dog down the toilet when I was 3.
56. I hate mustard
57. I was in a fashion show
58. I love tools and building or assembling things.
59. I have a complete soft spot for animals.
60. I’m a remote hog-borderline worse than being a man! Yikes!
61. I rarely read directions.
62. I never carry cash
63. Walmart always makes me feel like I need to take a shower when I leave. Yuck.
64. I always want a “treat” at night….and a diet coke.
65. I started taking ski lessons in park city when I was 5, but oddly enough, I’m not a good skier. Go figure?!
66. I love going to games of any sport.
67. I want a dog really, really bad but Jay doesn't...so sad...
68. Tivo changed my life!
69. I’m addicted to a lot of tv shows, probably watching way too many of them, but to name a few: 24, American Idol, Ugly Betty, The Office, Lost
70. I lived next door to my sister and her husband for the first year of our marriage.
71. I never bought a vacuum, iron, ironing board or many basic cooking supplies until they moved away!
72. I hate spiders and can spot them the second I walk into a room. It’s very bizarre, we call it my “spidey sense”
73. I use at least 4 dryer sheets every time I do a load of wash
74. I swam with giant sea turtles in Hawaii
75. I’ve pet a stingray
76. I love trivia and random facts
77. I failed Algebra my Freshman year of college just b/c I stopped going! I later passed with an A- (after Jay tutored me)
78. I sudded the fountains at Anthem when I was in High School.
79. I’ve never been to any country off of North America.
80. I know how to change a tire.
81. I love trashy tabloid magazines
82. I flip through magazines (no matter what it is) first and then go through and read articles
83. I hate the birthmark on my forehead and have always wanted to get it removed.
84. I will never buy my children video games, but I secretly loved playing super Mario when I was little…is that hypocritical?
85. I love rain - especially the smell in the summer.
86. I’ll admit it…I sometimes think I’m a know-it-all and want to be right.
87. I used to keep a journal religiously…I rarely went to bed without writing in it. I have 4 or 5 in a box and now, sad to say, I do not write in one at all. I guess blogging is a cheater what to do it.
88. I'm a sucker for plays and musicals. I’ll watch the Sound of Music if it’s ever on TV.
89. I get really silly and crazy around my husband, my sisters, my mom and a few good friends from high school. It’s almost embarrassing.
90. I'm a big eavse dropper
91. I love to people watch on the strip in Las Vegas.
92. I worry about the world Taylor will grow up in
93. I type around 100 words a minute.
94. I can be impatient.
95. I totally screen my calls.
96. I’m opinionated and the more I talk about something, the more passionate I get about it.
97. I LOVE the beach
98. I don’t drink tap water, unless it’s purified.
99. I drank chocolate milk every day of my pregnancy to get my calcium b/c I HATE milk.
100. I want to be as close to Taylor as I am with my own mom.

5 comments:

Suzanne Hart said...

YAY! I'm so happy you did it. Isn't it great finding out what you have in common with people. FUN FUN FUN!

Suzanne Hart said...

HOW WEIRD. This post just showed up this morning but it shows that you posted it on Wednesday. Why did it take so long to show up? HMMM

Katie said...

That's weird....I posted it last night, not Wednesday. Random.

sarah marie. said...

ok..i am rolling! i love all the dinosaur comments and my favorites are numbers 35 and 55. we have a lot in common.

Anonymous said...

Katie I love the top 100. And to me they ARE the top 100 hits. You are truly amazing and funny and fun and so, well, completely honest. I loved reading every one of them, but #100 is my most favorite. Yes, being a Mom is a priviledge and a blessing and you put it just right. You don't even know how much you can love til you are a mom. Love you to peices!..Mom