Okay...probably a dumb title for a post, but I was trying to be funny! Point being - I finally made my mom's orange rolls! Mission accomplished! I've never had the nerve to make them, b/c #1 - they're so dang time consuming, #2 - I don't want to ruin a good thing and #3 - the "knot". I've always struggled at tying the knot on the rolls, but if I did pretty great for my first try if I do say so myself. I decided to make them this year b/c they always remind me of Christmas and family and so I gave them away to all the girls I visit teach and the families that Jay home teaches. I was up to my head in rolls though, since for some reason my dough made around 50 rolls! The normal receipe says it only makes about 34, but it was wrong. Anyway, it was a big accomplishment and here they are....
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Orange I glad I did it...
Okay...probably a dumb title for a post, but I was trying to be funny! Point being - I finally made my mom's orange rolls! Mission accomplished! I've never had the nerve to make them, b/c #1 - they're so dang time consuming, #2 - I don't want to ruin a good thing and #3 - the "knot". I've always struggled at tying the knot on the rolls, but if I did pretty great for my first try if I do say so myself. I decided to make them this year b/c they always remind me of Christmas and family and so I gave them away to all the girls I visit teach and the families that Jay home teaches. I was up to my head in rolls though, since for some reason my dough made around 50 rolls! The normal receipe says it only makes about 34, but it was wrong. Anyway, it was a big accomplishment and here they are....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Lime really glad you made them.
Dan
They look delicious!! Isn't it funny that whenever you do something, you have your camera in tow, to blog all about it. It's a true addiction. How about sending some of those rolls to CO?? HAHA
I am so in for a cook off over the holidays!! You bring the rolls, I'll bring the Canadian meat pie- don't worry, it's not as sacry as it sounds. It's to die for, or at least I think so!
Those look so yummy. You're so domestic. Keep up the good work.
Holy Cow Katie those look so good. The only thing is I didn't get to eat them. Maybe when mom is here for Christmas we can hit her up to make some! Yummy
Ooh, good work! I LOVE making great recipes. Your photos are making me hungry...looks like you got the knot down! :)
love orange rolls and love the title.
Post a Comment